Are you looking for an inspiring saying to help you or someone you care about move on from what happened in the past? The quotes below were thoughtfully crafted to help you appreciate today and look forward to tomorrow. These words of wisdom will encourage you to forget the past and leave it firmly in the past, where it belongs.
Short Quotes About Leaving the Past Behind
The brief sayings below have just a few words, but they provide clear encouragement to leave the past behind.
- Wash, rinse, don't repeat.
- Progress lies ahead.
- Be an arrow, not a boomerang.
- Don't let the past poison today.
- Don't revisit what's already done.
- Leave yesterday's baggage behind.
- All the past can do is hold you back.
- Power forward without looking back.
- You've already been through yesterday.
- You have the power to leave the past behind.
Forget the Past, Live in the Present Quotes
When you're too focused on the past, you're missing out on the present. Explore a selection of quotes about living in the moment.
- Release yesterday; seize today.
- Don't carry the past into your present.
- Don't drag old baggage into your new life.
- Now is the first moment of the rest of your life.
- You have the power to make the most of today.
- Don't let the past be a roadblock to a great today.
- Living in the present; don't get pulled back into the past.
- Don't let the past keep you from moving forward in the present.
- You chose to change things for a reason; don't second-guess your decision.
- You're stronger today because of your past. There's no reason to go back.
Forget the Past and Be Happy Quotes
The key to happiness starts with learning to let go of past negativity and sadness. Use these sayings to focus on being happy.
- Happiness lies ahead, not behind.
- Forge forward and be happy.
- Release the pain to feel the joy.
- Happiness lives beyond the past.
- Unclench the past to reach for happiness.
- Look forward only, and be happy in the moment.
- Make room in your memory bank for happiness.
- Don't look back; that's not where happiness is hiding.
- Looking back at the past is a ploy to interfere with your joy.
- Happiness is within your reach as soon as you let go of the past.
Words to Help Forget the Past and Move On
In order to move on from past pain, it's important to let go of it and focus on the future instead of clinging to the past.
- The past will only hold you back if you let it.
- Close the book on your past and start a novel adventure.
- Walk away from the past and don't look back.
- Look ahead and stride with confidence into your future.
- You didn't leave anything behind that will help you move on.
- The only way to move forward is to let go of what's behind you.
- The past is an anchor; cut it free and set sail to a better tomorrow.
- You have to move beyond the past before you can find your way to the future.
- You lived through it, you learned from it, now it's time to move on from it.
- What's over is over, what's done is done. Face the future and keep on keeping on.
Forgetting Past Relationship Quotes
Clinging to past relationships can keep you from healing from a breakup and prevent you from finding love again, especially after a toxic relationship.
- Your heart only has room for tomorrow.
- Give new love a fighting chance by letting go of old romance.
- Holding on to past heartbreak stacks the deck against new love.
- Leave what happened in past relationships out of future relationships.
- Holding on to painful past relationships leads to a self-fulfilling prophecy.
- When you can let go of past heartbreak, a better future will be yours to make.
- Give new love a fighting chance by looking forward without even a backward glance.
- The only thing you need to remember about past relationships is that you deserve better.
- There's only room in your life for a new relationship if you can let go of the ones that came before.
- Don't dwell on a love that made your heart bleed; look forward and move on to find the real love you need.
Forget the Past, Remember the Lesson Quotes
Leaving the past behind doesn't mean you'll lose the lessons you've learned from your experiences.
- Yesterday's lessons have already been learned.
- The past doesn't have anything else to teach you.
- Carry forward what you learned, but let go of the pain.
- Keep the wisdom, but move on from what made you wise.
- You won't lose the lessons learned when you let go of the teacher.
- You don't have to keep feeling pain to remember what it taught you.
- You don't need to rehash the past to remember what you learned from it.
- There's no need to relive yesterday to benefit from the lessons you learned.
- You're smart enough and wise enough to let go of the things that made you that way.
- You don't have to hold on to the past in order to retain the information you've gained.
Learning to Leave the Past Behind
The future is within your reach, as long as you don't let the past keep you from moving forward. Everything you've experienced up to this point in your life has played a role in making you who you are; but there is no reason to allow the past to become a barrier that will keep you from enjoying today and forging an even better tomorrow. The powerful sayings above may be exactly what you need to help you learn to let go of yesterday, so you can fully appreciate today.