What if we told you that we could change your life? We have the secrets that can transform you from looking 'so-so' to 'ka-pow'! The best part is that even if you're broke as a joke, you'll be able to afford these game-changing beauty hacks - because get this: they're all under $5!
Brace yourself - you're about to delve into the most fabulous beauty tips and tricks that will make you look forever fabulous. And you don't even have to break the bank.
1. Plumper Lips With Peppermint Oil
If your lips look more like plain puckers than snazzy smackers, hold off on the injections! There's a more natural way to augment your lips. And all you need is peppermint oil, which helps to stimulate circulation and therefore increase plumpness.
- Get 100% pure peppermint oil and your favorite lip gloss
- Grab a plastic bowl and pour some gloss in it
- Add two to three drops of peppermint oil and mix with a Q-Tip
- Apply the mixture onto your lips
- And there you have it - plumper puckers!
2. Use a Potato to Get Rid of Dark Underarms
How awesome are potatoes? They could be anything: french fries, tater tots, hash browns - and a remedy for dark underarms? Yup, you read that correctly. Potatoes, a natural bleaching agent, are the new lemons. But even better, actually, as they're much less acidic and will not irritate your skin. A few rubs of this versatile starchy tuber and your dark underarms will be gone for good!
- Grab a potato
- Grate it to release its juices
- Dab the juice under your arms with cotton or your fingers
- Leave it on for 10 Minutes
- Rinse with lukewarm water
- Repeat every day until your underarms are flawless
3. Charcoal Face Mask to Banish Whiteheads
Why head to the dermatologist to extract blackheads and whiteheads when you can do it at home? And it won't cost you an arm and a leg. Win, win! Masks containing charcoal act as a kind of powerful magnet that sucks out all the deep-dwelling gunk from your pores. You can purchase the blackhead remover for just under $5. Here's how to use it:
- Cleanse your face and steam it (masks can be drying, so it's important to hydrate your skin)
- Apply the mask on your face while concentrating affected areas
- Wait for about 10 to 15 minutes
- Peel it off and you should see all your impurities on the mask
4. Baby Power for Bolder Eyelashes
Emphasizing your lashes does wonders for your look. It adds a touch of femininity and a heap of sexiness! But how can you dramatize your eyes without adding faux lashes? Before you throw your dollars at a lash primer, try this trick:
- Use an eyelash curler
- Brush through your lashes with one or two coats
- Dip a Q-tip into some baby powder
- Coat your top and bottom lashes with the baby powder
- Add another layer of mascara and your lashes are bold and beautiful!
5. Strawberries & Baking Soda for Whiter Teeth
If it looks like you've been chewing on yellow crayons, no worries! We've got a fix for this and the best part is that it's sitting right in your kitchen - strawberries and baking soda.
- Take one strawberry and a half tablespoon of baking soda
- Mash the strawberry until it's pulp-like
- Mix in the baking soda
- Rub the mixture on your teeth with a soft-bristled toothbrush
- Let it sit for about five minutes
- Rinse it out and brush your teeth with toothpaste
- Say hello to whiter teeth!
Makeup guru Michelle Phan suggests only doing this once a week; you don't want the strawberry's acidic properties to wear down your enamel.
See? You don't need to break the bank to look like you've spent the day at the spa. Everything you'll ever need to become a better you is within your budget - and may even be sitting idle in your kitchen.